Project Management and Process Management
Project Management and Process Management
Anno accademico 2019/2020
- 2° anno, 3° anno
- Periodo didattico
- Secondo semestre
- Servizi didattici integrativi
- SSD attività didattica
- SECS-P/07 - economia aziendale
- Tipologia esame
- Tipologia unità didattica
- Corso integrato
- Altre attività in lingua I (MAN0130)
Altre attività in lingua V (MAN0192)
Sommario del corso
“What gets measured, gets managed”: this simple yet fundamental concept constitutes the common denominator for the whole course.
“Managing by fact” people, financial resources, organizational structures and technologies constitutes a primary competitive advantage for all students that inspire to become successful managers in their professional future.
Managing by fact means essentially TO BE ABLE TO MANAGE THREE FONDAMENTAL FACTORS FOR ANY COMPANY: STRUCTURES, PEOPLE AND MONEY.
This module aims to promote a critical understanding of the key concepts, theories and tools on how to MANAGE EFFECTIVELY PROJECTS and PROCESSES.
Effective Project Management constitutes one of the fundamental competencies for professionals that operate within enterprises in so far as it is a combination of skills regarding all three factors (structures, people and money or better, financial resources) for the creation of competitive advantages as well as for introducing innovation and managing change.
Young people that work within a company will be asked to participate in projects at a very early stage of their professional experience, so it is better to be well prepared for such a challenge.
Process management, design, analysis and reengineering constitutes another fundamental skill for young people that enter the competitive and continuously mutating world of enterprises. Being prepared for participating in such initiatives and offer a substantial contribution constitutes a career and rewarding opportunity.
During the course, particular emphasis will be given to the managerial and organizational aspects related to the change and innovation variables involved in the transition phase from a function based company to a process based one and from a family and local company to an international one.
Managerial tools and techniques for performance improvement and cost effectiveness will also be discussed and analysed.
By the end of the course the participants should be able to:
- understand the basic concepts and tools related to project management and process management
- appreciate the role of a new employee in the business environment and in the day by day implementation of new project initiatives
- define the main variables of a project such as the time schedule, the budget, the people to involve and the relative team organisation and management
- appreciate and evaluate project results: how to measure the performance of a project, the lessons learned, its impact on business results and how to associate it to corporate business development and innovation
- apply the appropriate terminology of Process Management and BPR – Business Process Reengineering
- define the goals, the KPIs and the expected results of Process Management and improvement of BPR projects
- analyse models of reference and the main phases of a process management project
- identify the critical success factors of a corporate strategy and its correlation with effective project and process management
- interpret and analyse the core competencies and responsibilities of the key managerial roles of a process driven organization
- design, for a given process management project, the phases, the related activities, the resources involved and the expected outputs
Main course contents
- Scope and principles of Project Management
- From the concept of a project to the general plan
- How to plan and allocate the resources requested, the necessary competencies and relative tools.
- How to define the budget of a project
- Risk analysis and project review
- Corrective actions in project management
- Project delivery and lessons learned
- Process management: organizational and methodological principles
- The necessary skills for managing processes42
- Phases, activities, outputs and KPIs in process management
- How to define and monitor process KPIs
- How to improve process performance
- Introduction to Business Process Reengineering (BPR)
Per le attività previste nei "Servizi didattici integrativi" gli studenti dovranno inoltrare la domanda alla Commissione Studenti per il riconoscimento dei crediti formativi e dovranno allegare il programma e la certificazione del superamento dell'attività, se prevista.
Per le attività in "lingua straniera" sarà cura dell'ufficio Relazioni Interuniversitarie trasmettere alla Segreteria Studenti l'attestazione della frequenza e del risultato conseguito.
Tali attività verranno registrate in carriera direttamente dalla Segreteria Studenti a seguito di convalida da parte della Commissione Studenti.